[asterisk-users] * 1.4 -> 1.6, zaptel -> dahdi

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Aug 19 13:49:09 CDT 2009

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Greg Woods wrote:

> If at all possible I want to use the standard packaged version as it
> makes security updates much easier.

I used to be a "use the source Luke" kind of guy. Now I'm a yum-aholic.

But, when the pain of using packages exceeds the hassle of the source,
I'll use the source without hesitation.

FWIW, I've never used an Asterisk package. I started with the source and
probably will always stay this way. I don't like being dependent on others
for my mission critical stuff.

--
Thanks in advance,