[asterisk-users] Accessing Asterisk gosub arguments in extensions.lua

Brian Camp brian.camp at itfreedom.com
Wed Aug 19 11:29:58 CDT 2009

On Monday 17 August 2009 18:03:10 pm Tilghman Lesher wrote:

 >> How does one go about accessing gosub arguments from Asterisk in
 >> extensions.lua?

 > You cannot.  The various methods of dialplan creation are not
 > designed to be
 > interoperable.  Some people have made various methods work (such as
 > between
 > extensions.conf and extensions.ael) but those methods are not
 > guaranteed to
 > work, nor are they supported.

Why does Asterisk even have functions in pbx_lua like app.return and
app.gosub, which jump between extensions.conf and extensions.lua if its
not supported or guaranteed to work.  Theres nothing in extensions.lua
or pbx_lua.c, which so far as I can tell are the only available sources
of documentation for pbx_lua, that suggests extensions.conf
interoperability doesn't work.

 > Use one method and stick with it.

Deciding to switch between a 10,000+ line dialplan in an assembly-like
language (extensions.conf) over to one in Lua in one all at once is not
a good position to be in.

-Brian