[asterisk-users] mysql error (err 2002)

harry R rhm.noa101 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 08:59:18 CDT 2009

Hi

I Have a problem with mysql/asterisk realtime interaction.
each time I try to connect a sip phone or to use this CLI command - realtime
mysql status - I obtain this error message :
Mysql Realtime: Failed to connect database server asteriskdb on localhost
(err 2002)

here a sample of my res_mysql.conf file :
[general]
dbhost = localhost
dbname = asteriskdb
dbuser = asterisk
dbpass = asterisk
dbport = 3306

and a sample of my extconfig.conf file :
[settings]
sipusers => mysql,general,sip_terminal
sippeers => mysql,general,sip_terminal

My mysql database named asteriskdb and I have a table for sip named
sip_terminal.

So any tips to resolve my error message will be welcome.

regards.

Harry.