[asterisk-users] Skype for Asterisk???

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Wed Aug 19 07:17:17 CDT 2009

I wonder if that was not a codec specific issue, but rather the matter
of their license to the p2p technology provided by JoltID? Since Skype
has recently dveloped their own codec (SILK) they could easily drop
support for any codec that they previously licensed from outside. I
think that the failure to ge a new license on a codec would not be a
major issue for them.

Failure to renew the license on the p2p transport technology is a much
more significant problem.

Michael

--Original Message Text---
From: David fire
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:04:59 -0300

a few days ago slashdot (sorry i havent the link now) wrote about skype
has a very huge problem whit a licence in a core codec, and if they
dont get an aregment whit the codec owner they will close the doors...
David

2009/8/19 Thomas Kenyon <digium at sanguinarius.co.uk>
Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:
> Nope - but you are also running on an unsupported version of asterisk,
> so I am not surprised. From the readme:
>
> ===[ Installation Overview ]===================================================
>
> It is required that the proper version of Asterisk is installed prior to
> installing Skype For Asterisk. Skype For Asterisk is currently supported on:
>
>    Asterisk 1.4 versions >= 1.4.25
>    Asterisk 1.6.0 versions >= 1.6.0.6
>    Asterisk 1.6.1 versions >= 1.6.1.5

Ah didn't spot that, if you are running 1.6.1, you need a version that
isn't available yet.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com
sip:mgraves at mstvp.onsip.com