[asterisk-users] Zaptel -> DAHDI: now echo

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 08:08:11 CDT 2009

Hi

That was a fast answer, impressive !
2009/8/18 Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>:

> Did you read the upgrade documentation that comes with DAHDI,
> specifically from UPGRADE.txt:

I did, but I guess I did not pay enough attention...

>> * It is no longer possible to select a software echo canceler at
>>   compile time to build into dahdi.ko; all four included echo
>>   cancelers (MG2, KB1, SEC and SEC2) are built as loadable modules,
>>   and if the Digium HPEC binary object file has been placed into the
>>   proper directory the HPEC module will be built as well. Any or all
>>   of these modules can be loaded at the same time, and the echo
>>   canceler to be used on the system's channels can be configured using
>>   the dahdi_cfg tool from the dahdi-tools package.
>>
>>   Note: It is *mandatory* to configure an echo canceler for the
>>   system's channels using dahdi_cfg unless the interface cards in use
>>   have echo canceler modules available and enabled. There is *no*
>>   default software echo canceler with DAHDI.

So, knowing my card (a Digium TE-110P, which AFAIK doesn't have any
hardware echo cancellation module)...
Which software echo canceller should I be using ?

Is see that there are particular software configuration available ,
but I haven't had a clue on what they are for, nor did I find
documentation about it...

I'm not building asterisk nor dahdi myself, but instead rely on
packaged from ATrpms.conf

Thank you
Jean-Yves