[asterisk-users] Speech Recg and TTS

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Aug 18 07:38:23 CDT 2009

ABBAS SHAKEEL wrote:

> 1. What is the best speech recognition engine for asterisk? I have
> searched and asked on forums and found that lumen vox is best for
> asterisk bala bla bla

Well, if you're going to ask a question to which the answer could,
conceivably, be the one you are suggesting dismissively as a candidate,
you can't dismiss it with "bala bla bla" (what the hell does that mean,
anyway?).  If you're talking about TTS engines for Asterisk, most likely
it is the best.

> 2. For TTS (text to speech) which TTS engine will be better to use ? I
> have tested Flite , cepstral (i have not buyed lisence for it trial
> only) but still thinking may be i have a good option ?

There are many good TTS engines;  the best ones are, in my opinion, not
directly associated with Asterisk -- for example, Voxeo's stuff.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems