[asterisk-users] bare minimum /etc/asterisk for sip based *

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Aug 15 02:46:41 CDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 02:35:46PM +1200, Matt Riddell wrote:
> On 15/08/09 2:20 PM, Eric Fort wrote:
> > What files at a bare minimum need to be in /etc/asterisk for an
> > asterisk server that does sip only and voicemail.  I'm setting up an
> > asterisk server to provide service for a single SIP softphone
> > extension with SIP origination and termination.  The main purpose of
> > using * is for voicemail and future expansion ability.
>
> The easiest way to get up and going is to just do "make samples" from
> the Asterisk source directory - then if you really want to remove config
> files, delete them and restart Asterisk once you have got everything up
> and going.

For osme part, yes.

However you should get rid of the unnecessary dialplans.

Furthermore, those sample^Wreference files tend to be confusing .

One really necessary file if:

modules.conf:

[modules]
autoload = yes

For each channel driver you use, you'll need a file.

But then you'll start getting warnings about missing configuration
files, which you can technically ignore, but having warnings by default
only serves to hide the real warnings.

In most cases creating an empty file will do to hush that warning.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com