[asterisk-users] Time of Day Routing

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Aug 14 07:18:56 CDT 2009

Tony Mountifield wrote:
> In article <05D03313-994B-4892-B045-F61332DDB273 at geekinter.net>,
> Steve Howes <steve at geekinter.net> wrote:
>
>> On 14 Aug 2009, at 09:17, Neeraj Chand wrote:
>>

>>> Asterisk version 1.4

We're talking precision here, though. With a 2-minute precision, you
have to understand that there IS no 12:00:01 as far as Asterisk is
concerned. There is simply 12:00 and 12:02. At exactly 12:00, it
evaluates true, just as has been put in the if statement. It checks
again at 12:02 and it evaluates false.

That's not a bug. That's just a lack of precision in checking. It can't
check ALL the time without devoting cycles to checking, which takes
cycles away from other things. Think cron on a unix system. Nothing
happens in 30-second increments. Things happen in 1 minute increments at
the smallest because that's the maximum precision that's built into the
program. You could WRITE a cron that checks every 5 seconds, but it's
not a bug in cron that it only checks every 1 minute. That's simply the
way it works.

N.