[asterisk-users] onnecting two asterisk using B410p BRI cards

voip crazy voipcrazy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 05:20:33 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I'm trying to conect two asterisk servers using two B410p Digium
cards. One card on each server. I just setting up the first BRI port
on server A as nt_ptp and the first BRI port on server B as te_ptp.
I use an ethernet wire to connect the first port of server A (nt_ptp)
with the first port on server B (te_ptp) but the port light cotinues
blinking on red on both sides once the cable was pluged. Then I use an
isdn crossover wire with this king of schema and the lights get
blinking red again.

Tx+ 3 ------+ +----- 3
.            X
Rx+ 4 ------+ +----- 4
.
Tx- 5 ------+ +------5
.            X
Rx- 6 ------+ +------6

In both servers when I do in asterisk CLI "misdn shos stacks", the
port one on each machine shows

Server A:

BEGIN STACK_LIST:
 * Port 1 Type TE Prot. PTP L2Link DOWN L1Link:DOWN Blocked:0  Debug:0

Server B:

BEGIN STACK_LIST:
 * Port 1 Type NT Prot. PTP L2Link DOWN L1Link:DOWN Blocked:0  Debug:0

Which kind of cable should I use?
Why both in ports L1Link is failed?
How could I solve that?

Any clue will be welcomed.