[asterisk-users] Looking for recommendations - US SIP provider for T.38 Faxing

Myles Wakeham myles at techsol.org
Thu Aug 13 14:53:10 CDT 2009

We recently completed a full migration of our office phone system over
to Asterisk and are using flowroute & Broadvoice as SIP providers for
our incoming/outgoing calls.  Everything is working great.

Now that the phones are done, I'm left with the fax machine.  Although
we have been using jFax for digital fax handling for most of our fax
needs, it falls short with many calls where the recipient fax machine
takes ages to answer a call, or international fax machines aren't well
supported.

I'm ready to move this over to Asterisk/SIP as well, and I know that
Asterisk has a Fax solution available.  I'm just looking to find a SIP
provider that gives really good results with T.38 fax handling (mainly
outgoing fax calls).

Does anyone who has done this in the US have a recommendation based on
their own personal experience?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Myles

--