[asterisk-users] Snom Phones Registration/Failover Feature

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Thu Aug 13 09:56:08 CDT 2009

> I was reading in the documentation about the SNOM phones (mainly 300)
> but I did not find anything in the users-pdf's or on there
> knowledgebase/website which would tell me if this is possible, there
> is something for failover configuration but it is not explained at all.
> It's highly appreciated if someone with insight could explain to me or
> point me to the right documentation on how/if this work

Looking at the docs on the Snom Wiki, it would seem that if you set up the primary server as Server 1, the secondary as Server 2, and set the "Failover Identity" option on ID1 to ID2, then it should work as you describe.

I must confess I've never actually tried failover directly from the Snom phone (instead using Heartbeat/LVS as you suggest), but I see no reason why it shouldn't "just work".

Regards,

Chris
--
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it