[asterisk-users] MixMonitor and Transcoding..

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Aug 11 12:30:14 CDT 2009

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Can't find an answer to this, but maybe I've not looked hard enough ...
>
> Does MixMonitor work without transcoding?
>
> ie. if I have a g729 stream passing through and I'm recording it with
>
> e.g. MixMonitor(/dump/filename.g729,b)
>
> and specify g729 in the filename, does MixMonitor transcode both legs of
> the stream to a format it can then "mix" then transcode it back to g729 to
> write to disk?

Ah well - Rather than try to read about it, I tried to do it - and
failled. It wants to transcode to slin - or at least I guess that's what
this means:

   Aug 11 17:50:04 WARNING[30573]: channel.c:1212 queue_frame_to_spies:
 		Cannot build a path from g729 to slin

Bother.

Transcoding is something that's not an option here. Hm. Maybe old
fashioned 'monitor' and offline mixing although I'm open to suggestions
here..

Gordon