[asterisk-users] testing music

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Aug 11 06:03:07 CDT 2009

While I read on some other mailing list that the human ear is a poor
testing device, it is still a widely available testing device and I
often don't have anything better.

In order to help that device better detect sound quality issues, I tend
to prefer to use lengthy music files. Once I'm familiar enough with the
music I can sense "something is wrong" with relatively little effort and
attention.

So I'm looking for a music file that:

1. Sounds well (enough) even at the standard PSTN quality (8kHz, mono,
16 bits per sample).

2. Is long enough. E.g. ~10 minutes.

3. No usage limitation. Freely usable. So I can point it out to someone
and ask him to try it.

I'm too lazy to start looking for such a file. And I bet somebody in
this list can point me to an existing one.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com