[asterisk-users] waitfordialtone patch

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Mon Aug 10 23:02:05 CDT 2009

Does anyone have a working patch for the following issue on Asterisk
1.4.26 or an earlier version of 1.6 than 1.6.2?  It looks like it got
committed somewhere after 1.6.1 was branched and is only available
natively in Asterisk 1.6.2.x.

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=12382

I have a crappy Cisco IAD that doesn't seem to be consistent in it's
operation when the Analog card attempts to place an outbound call.  I've
inserted several pauses in the dialing string which helps in most cases,
but in the few cases with the Cisco is ready immediately, the extra
pauses create other issues.  This seems like the best work around, but
I'm not really ready to try Asterisk 1.6.2.x in a production setting.

Thanks,

Darrick