[asterisk-users] Asterisk in VMWare, how does it perform and what is the limit?

shimi asterisk-users at shimi.net
Mon Aug 10 10:26:22 CDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 7:25 PM, Pascal Bruno <tipascal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Where you able to compile DAHDI in a virtual environment?  How about skype
> for asterisk?  Has anyone tried that in a virtual environment?  Seems like
> to register the license, digium tool is looking for a connection on eth0,
> and in a virtual environment I see the name as vnet0 or vnet1.  At least
> that what I see on godaddy's virtual servers.

I did that under VMWare (Server / formerly GSX), including the Skype for
Asterisk, and it works (only after upgrading to 1.6.1.3-rc1, earlier version
crashed after Skype call setup, but that's not related to the VM, but an
asterisk bug...).  Though it is merely a test environment, I haven't even
tried more than one simultaneous call.

HTH,

-- Shimi