[asterisk-users] Issues with sound quality and HDLC

Shashi Dookhee sdookhee at fortify.com
Mon Aug 10 03:36:21 CDT 2009

Hi all,

We've been having a very frustrating time with our Asterisk install (well, okay, actually Switchvox).  We have an open ticket with Digium/Switchvox but I was wondering if anyone here might have some helpful tips.

We're basically getting glitching on the line, and in the error logs it's showing:

chan_dahdi.c: PRI got event: HDLC Bad FCS

We're running our PBX on the recommended PDSMA+ motherboard (so timing should have been tested), and we've tried two different Wildcards (TE207P).  We've tried removing the hardware echo canceler.  We've tried moving the card to different slots.  We've tried an entirely different system (Dell SC400 tower - unsupported, I know, but I wanted to get a comparison).  AT&T have tested the line (although I'm getting them onsite to do a more thorough check), and we've replaced all the cables we can.

Unfortunately, since I don't have root access to the box, I can't run console tests - but I've checked things like interrupts and it appears the card is not sharing.

Anyone have any clue as to what it could be?

Thanks!

S.