[asterisk-users] regcontext regexten

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Mon Aug 10 03:34:01 CDT 2009

On Aug 10, 2009, at 9:52 AM, harry R wrote:

> > Anyone know how to use regcontext et regexten parameter from
> sip.conf
> > and can give an example ?
>
> Sure... let's say I have a phone with the following configuration in
> sip.conf:
>
> [myphone]
> type=friend
> context=inside
> host=dynamic ; phone will register w/ Asterisk
> secret=mysecret
> regcontext=some-context
> regexten=6123
>
> Thank Jared.
>
> So I have one more and last question about regcontext.
> Where do asterisk create context "some-context" ?
> I see context by taping "dialplan show some-context" in CLI but I
> dont know in which config file it's created.

Harry,

The context is created in the running dialplan.
It's not stored in a configuration file.

You can however create this context in extensions.conf or
extensions.ael and asterisk will use that.
Basically how it works is:
On a sip register asterisk checks if the regcontext exists. if not it
will create it, if it exists asterisk will add the regexten to it.

Michiel