[asterisk-users] Host-ID.

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 14:48:52 CDT 2009

Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Editing my original comment, "linux uname" should have been "linux
> hostname".  Tilghman, can you elaborate a bit more?

It's definitely not based on that either since changing your hostname
doesn't change your Host-ID.

In case anyone was wondering, I changed the adapter address on the new
board so that it matched the old one and got udev to make sure it had
the same name. Then started asterisk and my licenses were in tact.

I didn't check what the host-Id was before doing this though.