[asterisk-users] Host-ID.

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 10:11:23 CDT 2009

Danny Nicholas wrote:
> AFAIK, host-id is tied to ip address and linux uname, so that's all that
> should matter.

It's definately not tied to uname, otherwise it'd change every time I
built a new kernel. Basing it on IP address would be extremely foolish,
since most people use one of 3 ranges for their internal network with
servers generally being .1-10 or .250-254, and for external connections
too many people are on dynamic IPs.

It is appears to be tied to the adapter address of eth0, I just don't
know if the adapter addresses of other interfaces make a difference.