[asterisk-users] Setting up Outgoing Trunk

C. Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Thu Aug 6 15:41:31 CDT 2009

At 3:32 PM on 06 Aug 2009, kumarshantanu wrote:

> I have a genuine problem in Asterisk setup.
> I have three inbound trunks in my asterisk box, everything is
> working fine but the only problem is when any user make an out-
> going call through his/her extension it goes with same number labeled
> on this.
>
> Can we set each of these lines to have fixed outgoing numbers
>
> like if extn: 201 make an outgoing call the recipient should get
> different no and if extn: 202 make an outgoing call the recipient
> should
> get different one.

I'm not sure I understand your question...  Are you saying that you
want the outbound caller ID to be your public phone number?  Or do you
want the outbound caller ID to change based on what internal
extension initiated the call?

If you want your public phone number (the one your telco sends by
default) for all outgoing calls, you need to add hidecallerid=yes to
your zapata.conf or chan_dahdi.conf for the channels in those trunks.
Then Asterisk won't send the caller ID it receives from the internal
extensions, and your telco should then insert your phone number as the
caller ID on all outbound calls.

If you want it set to something other than what your telco puts as the
default, you'd have to have hidecallerid=no (or not there) for those
channels and set CALLERID(all) in your dialplan for outgoing calls.
But this requires that your telco allows you to override the default
caller ID.  Some do, and some don't--you would have to talk to them.

--

C. Chad Wallace, B.Sc.
The Lodging Company