[asterisk-users] Asterisk dont detects hangup by phone

C. Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Thu Aug 6 14:09:59 CDT 2009

At 5:24 PM on 06 Aug 2009, ABBAS SHAKEEL wrote:

> Hello
> I have configured TDM400P with asterisk .
> The problem is that when i make a call to server. and while going on
> it dont detects call hang up.
>
> ie i called the Asterisk server and it start playing files that i
> indicated to do so in extensions.conf
> i suddenly put down the phone. now the server must detect that phone
> is hangup but it dont.
>
> How can i make server to detect this

You may need to enable busydetect in chan_dahdi.conf or zapata.conf.

However, if you do enable it, I would recommend you also tune it with
the busycount and busypattern options so you don't get false positives
(asterisk hanging up in the middle of a call).

You can read the comments in the sample configs or on voip-info.org for
more information:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+chan_dahdi.conf
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+zapata.conf.sample

--