[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2 -> 1.4 CDR change?

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Thu Aug 6 05:27:57 CDT 2009

Greetings list,

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on an apparent change in CDRs between 1.2 and 1.4.

One of our clients runs a virtual PA service and has a few hundred DDIs - one for each client. Their * box is set up with short codes they prefix their calls with to set the correct outbound CLID, so for example:

123*<number_to_be_dialled>

This simply does the following:
Set(CALLERID(number)=<clid_to_use>
Goto(outbound,${EXTEN:4},1)

In * 1.2, this resulted in the callerid field of their CDRs reflecting the change from their extension number to <clid_to_use>, which they could then use to correctly apportion outbound calls to their clients. However, in 1.4, the callerid field retains the original extension number which initiated the call, which means billing is next to impossible based on callerid.

Our current workaround is to append the CLID to the accountcode field, which works, but does require extra processing of the CDRs each month, which is far from ideal.

So, two questions if I may:

1) is this a result of the 1.2 -> 1.4 upgrade, or is it possible something else has caused this? (basically, is this a known issue or "feature" of 1.4?)

2) Is it possible to revert back to the previous behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Chris
--