[asterisk-users] chan_mobile future

Carlos Ruiz Diaz carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 16:29:22 CDT 2009

Hello list,

I wonder what are the ideas to improve chan_mobile implementation to make it
usb compliant. I am highly interested as a developer and I want to know if
there is any initial project.

I read part of the chan_mobile source code and a TS of
hands-profile-protocol trying to understand better the environment. After
that, I started some research about the possibility of doing the same
comminication style using standard AT commands but apparently there is no
way to redirect audio stream between a remote host and the phone using
serial comm. device like USB cable.

Finally, I thought about writing a middleware for Symbian C++ phones that
could act as call manager and redirect the audio to Linux box using serial
connection. Here I stopped  because I don't find any valid example of voice
streaming, only plain data. Besides,  I am not sure if this is possible.

A little help to make Asterisk better is always useful :)

Regards.