[asterisk-users] Calling issue for non-extension numbers

Kayton Sapale ksapale at speartek.com
Tue Aug 4 16:13:14 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Thanks to the previous replies that helped me with this before, but I
got side-tracked in the middle of trying to figure this out, so
apologies for posting the same issue.  I use a Nokia e71, with an
asterisk server and am having an issue dialing certain numbers.  When I
attempt to dial a local number, like xxx-xxx-xxxx, I cannot connect.
What shows in the asterisk debug is the following:

Found peer '104'

However, if I try to dial an extension that is configured on the
asterisk server, the call goes through fine.  When I use another device
to connect the server (another nokia actually) and dial a local number
like xxx-xxx-xxxx, I see this in the debug dialog:

Found peer '103' Found RTP audio format 96 Found RTP audio format 0
Found RTP audio format 8 Found RTP audio format 97 Found RTP audio
format 18 Found RTP audio format 98 Found RTP audio format 13 Peer audio
RTP is at port 192.168.111.183:49152 Found unknown media description
format AMR for ID 96 Found audio description format PCMU for ID 0 Found
audio description format PCMA for ID 8 Found audio description format
iLBC for ID 97 Found audio description format G729 for ID 18 Found audio
description format telephone-event for ID 98 Found audio description
format CN for ID 13 Capabilities: us - 0xe (gsm|ulaw|alaw), peer -
audio=0x50c (ulaw|alaw|g729|ilbc)/video=0x0 (nothing), combined - 0xc
(ulaw|alaw) Non-codec capabilities (dtmf): us - 0x1 (telephone-event),
peer - 0x3 (telephone-event|CN), combined - 0x1 (telephone-event) Peer
audio RTP is at port 192.168.111.183:49152 Looking for 6789940793 in
DLPN_Free_Outbound (domain sip.speartek.com) list_route: hop:
<sip:103 at 192.168.111.183>

It appears that my device cannot connect to the server when dialing
certain numbers.  Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks,
Kayton