[asterisk-users] Message Waiting Indicator on DAHDI line

Mike asterisk-users at norgie.net
Tue Aug 4 13:30:22 CDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 01:37:59PM -0400, David Gibbons wrote:
> This may be a stupid question, but IS THERE a message waiting against your PSTN lines?
>
> -Dave

I don't think that there should be.  One line is a BT line, provided by
my ISP from BT Wholesale.  It's provided purly for ADSL and even has
outgoing calls barred (mainly cause they couldn't be bothered to deal
with billing!)  The other is a Virgin Media line.  Again, there
shouldn't be anything coming through on that line.  I once rang tech
support at Virgin to say "I have a problem with my answer phone, when
someone calls, leaves a message and hangs up, it keeps recording until
it runs out of tape."  The answer I got was "I checked your line sir and
you don't have voicemail on that account!"

According to the chan_dahdi.c section mentioned, it implied that MWI is
carried by CLID.  Would it still look for MWI if usecallerid=no?

Mike.