[asterisk-users] res_speech_lumenvox.so: undefined symbol: ast_speech_register

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Tue Aug 4 09:37:08 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Yelson Vivas <yvivas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys
> I am new working with  lumenvox products, and unfortunately I had not been
> able to install it properly, I follow the steps in lumenvox site and it
> looks like it works I mean:
> [root at pbx-millenium examples]# ./example 127.0.0.1
> Connecting to 127.0.0.1
> Interpretation 1:
> 8587070707
>
> count=0, decode returns 1
> Interpretation 1:
> 8587070707
>
> count=1, decode returns 1
> Interpretation 1:
> 8587070707
>
> count=2, decode returns 1
> Interpretation 1:
> 8587070707
> But when I try to load the lumenvox module the entire pbx  is killed, the
> message is
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> NOTICE[9278]: res_speech_lumenvox.c:841 load_module: Lumenvox SRE
> Connector module Copyright (C) 1999-2007 Digium, Inc.
> NOTICE[9278]: res_speech_lumenvox.c:842 load_module: This module is
> supplied under a commercial license granted by Digium, Inc.
>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/lumenvox.conf': Found
>     -- Using server(s): 127.0.0.1
>     -- Loaded tweaking profile default
> asterisk: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_speech_lumenvox.so: undefined symbol:
> ast_speech_register

The function ast_speech_register is defined in res/res_speech.c  (I found
this out by grepping the 1.4 source for ast_speech_register).
So, the solution may be as simple as running the "make menuselect" and
making sure the Resource Modules section has res_speech
checked. (wouldn't that be nice and easy?)

murf

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> My system:
> Centos 5.2, asterisk 1.4.22, asterisk-1.4.x-lumenvox-support-linux-i686-32bit-b22-engine8.5,
> lumenvox  was installed using yum
> So if you could give me any idea I really will appreciated it
> Thanks your time
> Regards
> Yelson
>
> --