[asterisk-users] Difference between 1.4.x and 1.6.x?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Aug 4 08:45:13 CDT 2009

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 08:22:52 Danny Nicholas wrote:
> Ok.  What's the difference between "stable" and "in release status"?  Does
> the hierarchy go "beta", "stable", "release candidate", "release status"?

We don't actually use the word "stable" because it's a loaded word and leads
to poor expectations.  In Debian parlance, 1.2 would be considered "stable"
(that is, does not change very often).  The hierarchy goes from "beta"
to "release candidate" to "released".

--
Tilghman & Teryl
with Peter, Cottontail, Midnight, Thumper, & Johnny (bunnies)