[asterisk-users] question on nortel CS 1000 PBX and PRI connection to built in PA system

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Aug 4 08:25:50 CDT 2009

Hi,

I have asterisk running a single T1 card with a connection to a nortel
CS 1000.
All calls to extensions, local and long distance are working just fine.

My issue is this: The nortel CS 1000 supports connections to and
intercom system
that is just line level audio to speakers.

When my PRI tries to call this "extension" it is never answered so my
AGI never runs
to play a message on the intercom. It eventually times out and fails.

Does anyone know how to setup either asterisk or the CS1000 to GIVE
asterisk the
proper signaling in this case so the call is "answered" and messages can
be played over
the intercom system.

This is a PRI call into the CS1000 routed to a line level audio port. It
appears to not
be giving signallying that the route was established or the call was
answered/connected.

Any thoughts?

Jerry