[asterisk-users] single port voip gateways

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Aug 3 09:57:05 CDT 2009

> >/ I have used the handytone 488 from grandstream in the past....
> />/
> />/ However I need to be able to send a number to a unit like the 488 and
> />/ have it dial out.
> />/ Is there a unit like this available? Basically a 488 unit that can place
> />/ a call out.
> />/
> />/ Jerry
> />/
> />/
> /I am not sure what you mean?
>
> Of the GS lineup, the ATAs are the only units I liked, although I gave up on
> them with the BT101/102.
>
> I don't know what you mean by "send a number".
>
> I like the GS 286 and 486, they work well and besides a few bricks over time
> or firmware upgrade, they are reliable.
>
> In the web interface, you can set it to automatically dial a number when it
> goes off-hook which may be what you are looking for.
>
> Makes for a good way to provide dialtone to a door phone or PA.

Steve,

I want to be able to call any phone number out of the device.

I am talking SIP to the ATA and want to send a dial command with any
number to it.
Dial(SIP/myata/somenumber) and have that device come off hook and place
the call to the somenumber provided.
Do devices like this exist?

I need more than just dial tone- I want to call the number I send to the
device.

Thanks,

Jerry