[asterisk-users] Skype for Asterisk: Public Beta available

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Sun Aug 2 02:49:43 CDT 2009

Pascal Bruno wrote:
> Unfortunately for me, I cannot register my license.  Kept saying:
>
> Could not generate Host-ID.
> Make sure that you have eth0 enabled.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

It uses the same licensing scheme as the G.729 licenses (so as soon as
you need to upgrade the machine, or set up LACP or VPN or any other type
of virtual interface or in the case of G.729 you change the codec to a
newer version {since you've upgraded to a new version of asterisk that
doesn't support older ones} that doesn't support the old name for the
codec, you need to re-register).

Or as in your case, it doesn't like the names of the network interfaces.

It's all a total PITA.

Fwiw, the Skype channel driver stopped working on my machine a while
ago. I never did track down the cause.

When res_skypeforasterisk starts, 39 res_skypeforasterisk processes
start and 1 skypewatcher service starts.

If I start it manually after asterisk has started, usually asterisk
segfaults, (not always).

Although Sometimes it starts up properly but can't log anyone in, Either
the user is stated as Logged Out or Connection Error, usually if I type
skype show users I get the following error message:

[2009-08-02 08:46:05] ERROR[23719]: astobj2.c:116 INTERNAL_OBJ: bad
magic number 0x25765ca0 for 0x1390e20
[2009-08-02 08:46:05] ERROR[23719]: astobj2.c:116 INTERNAL_OBJ: bad
magic number 0x25765ca0 for 0x1390e20

(Debian 5.0.2 x64 running kernel 2.6.30.2, asterisk 1.6.1.1 and
skypeforasterisk-1.6.1_0.9.10-x86_64)