[asterisk-users] Different codecs for reading and writing

Elliot Murdock murdocke at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 15:38:10 CDT 2009

Hello,

Thank you...do you know if IAX can do this?

The reason for doing is this is to get over the adsl upload/download
discrepancy.  While G711 gives terrific quality, it is not always that
feasible for the upload direction, which has much more limited
bandwidth.  Accordingly, it would be possible to use G729 for upload,
but keep the higher quality codec, G711, for download.

Thanks,
Elliot