[asterisk-users] Voicemail Caller ID

admin at thelastestate.com admin at thelastestate.com
Thu Apr 30 17:46:21 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm having an issue with caller ID in voicemail that I'd appreciate
any input on.

I have two sip peers defined as extension 100 and 101 each with
separate voicemail accounts.  Each sip peer has its own DID number,
which is established via cid_number = 6021231234.

When a call is placed from SIP peer #100 to SIP peer #101, and SIP
peer #101 wants to reply to #100's voicemail via the option #3
advanced options menu, * responds with an error that #100 does not
have a voicemailbox.  Of course * thinks the voicemailbox = the caller
ID/DID of #100, which in this case would be 6021231234 rather than
100, which is the defined voicemailbox for 100.

My question is, do I need to rewrite callerid for internal
extension-to-extension calls or is there something simple I'm missing?

Thank you for any advice you can provide.