[asterisk-users] Verifone-Asterisk-AGI

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Apr 29 13:25:26 CDT 2009

Wrong list. asterisk-dev is for changing the C source code of Asterisk.
That's part of why you didn't get a response yesterday.

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Juan Miguel Quiros Arrieta wrote:

> I have to develop an application using the VeriFone vx510 device and I
> read this device needed or could use a PPPoE connection in order to
> validate and send all information collected from the end user. My
> question is if I can use the asterisk and an IVR development using AGI
> to interact with the VeriFone. I mean, VeriFone<->E1 or
> FXs-o<->Asterisk<->MyAgiIVR.  And if its possible to send information in
> real time to the VeriFone. Has someone done this.

A little googling yields some information that may help.

The VeriFone vx510 is a credit card terminal.

It has Ethernet and 12mb of memory.

There are different models with different capabilities based on country of
origin so you should state where you plan to deploy the device.

I didn't see any programming manuals VerifFone's web site, but I didn't
look for but a few seconds. I'm guessing the connection between this
device and whatever will be encrypted and obscured by some proprietary
protocol that will be economically impossible without full documentation.

If you are asking if someone can code an AGI to take information possibly
passed in channel variables, pass this information (an "authorization or
sale request") to the vx510 via a TCP/UDP connection, receive a response
and return the response to your dialplan via channel variables, the answer
is yes -- assuming VeriFone's documentation is helpful.

Thanks in advance,