[asterisk-users] Who has the clever Polycom upgrade system?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Apr 27 16:48:56 CDT 2009

Barry L. Kline wrote:
> I remember someone wrote a great document concerning Polycom server
> provisioning that provided a way to ensure that updates to the firmware
> did not overwrite customizations.   I'll be damned if I can remember
> where I saw it.  It may have been discussed during a VUC session or may
> have been on this list.

It's easy; just don't edit the files that come with the firmware!

Instead, make all your modifications by copying the sections you want to
change into one (or more) new files, and then in the very first files
the phones download (<MAC address>.cfg) ensure that your customized
files are listed *before* the standard sip.cfg. This will make your
settings take precedence over the standard settings.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming at digium.com