[asterisk-users] Change Termination of Read Command

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Mon Apr 27 12:38:09 CDT 2009

On Apr 27, 2009, at 10:29 AM, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> Greetings all,
>                    This is a “just-for-fun” question.   I was
> reading the support forum and a fellow there wanted Read() to stop
> on * instead of #.  I thought that changing app_read.c would resolve
> this
>
> current
> if (tmp[x-1] == '#') {
> tmp[x-1] = '\0';
> break;
>
> new
> }if (tmp[x-1] == '*') {
> tmp[x-1] = '\0';
> break;
> }
>
> He applied and recompiled, but no joy. Any ideas why?

Without knowing where in the file this came from I can't say for sure,
but that code looks to me like the code that would run after the
digits are received and is stripping off the # character at the end,
if it is there.  Further up (or somewhere else entirely) there is
probably a spot that actually terminates the read command when # is
pressed.

Daniel