[asterisk-users] Hangup Detection After Originate (Asterisk Manager API)

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Sun Apr 26 17:27:46 CDT 2009

On 24/04/2009 2:22 p.m., Saurabh Nirkhey wrote:
> I  have written an asterisk manager client which creates an outbound
> call using Asterisk manager API's Originate action.
> when the call is connected I run 3 applications on it.
> 1)read a dtmf digit from user
> 2)A customized application which I have written,(It plays something to user)
> 3)Hangup
>
> If user hangs up while app 2(see above) is executing I get a 'Event Hangup'
> from asterisk in my manager client .
> But if app2 is over and asterisk executes Hangup (app3),It never sends
> any packet to my client regarding Hangup of the call.
>
> I have given all permissions to manager user in manager.conf.
> Can somebody help me?

Maybe use the UserEvent application before calling hangup:

  -= Info about application 'UserEvent' =-

[Synopsis]
Send an arbitrary event to the manager interface

[Description]
   UserEvent(eventname[|body]): Sends an arbitrary event to the manager
interface, with an optional body representing additional arguments.  The
body may be specified as a | delimeted list of headers. Each additional
argument will be placed on a new line in the event. The format of the
event will be:
     Event: UserEvent
     UserEvent: <specified event name>
     [body]
If no body is specified, only Event and UserEvent headers will be present.

--
Kind Regards,

Matt Riddell
Director