[asterisk-users] BLINDTRANSFER and SIP hardphones

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Sat Apr 25 05:05:42 CDT 2009

Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> writes:

> So when receiving 302 Moved Temporarily, Asterisk (version 1.6.1-rc4) is
> issuing a new INVITE and doesn't set any BLINDTRANSFER variable.
> Thinking back about that, I would say it should have done so.
>
> Your opinion ?
> Would you classify that as an attended transfer ?

This is in fact quite annoying. When a phone is set for permanent
redirection, the behaviour is exactly the same. It is a pain because it
messes up CDR's (the original dialed extension is never recorded) and
because you can't show to the person dialed that it is a redirected
call.

The way around it is to set a variable like __originalcaller, which
should survive the redirection.

/Benny