[asterisk-users] Asterisk & EC2

Mike Gurson mgurson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 19:35:21 CDT 2009

I am running AsteriskNOW as a VM using OpenSUSE 11 and Xen.

Download the .iso to the local disk and point the installation source
at that.  Also, make sure to choose full virtualization NOT
paravirtualized for the VM, graphics and the NIC.

I also recommend using a DHCP lease and use a custom MAC so that you
don't have to assign the static IP using ifconfig or Yast.

I think this covers everything you need to get it running.  I am using
an SPA-3000 for outbound calls over my POTS line and using a combo of
SIP hard and soft phones with very good sound quality.

Hope this helps!

-mikeg