[asterisk-users] want to set up text based "adventure" for asterisk

John Todd jtodd at digium.com
Fri Apr 24 17:22:29 CDT 2009

[top posting continued]

There was an offer, a long time ago, to have all of the prompts for
Zork re-done by Allison in a dramatic reading format, but nobody
(<cough>SIMON<cough>) ever got a text file with all the strings
together, and the time to re-write ZoIP to use audio files of each
reply type would be non-trivial.

Personally, I think this is a great demo for various voice recognition
companies to test their mettle on.  Same game, different voice
recognition platforms, see how well each VR platform performs.  Let
people try it out for themselves in something other than a very canned
demo environment.

JT

On Apr 23, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Tim Nelson wrote:

> A good place to start is here:
>
> http://www.venturevoip.com/news.php?rssid=1513
>
> FreePBX includes a module called 'Zoip' which allows you to play
> Zork via a Text-to-speech engine.
>
> Why on Earth someone would want to do so is beyond me but hey... why
> not. :-)
>
> Tim Nelson
> Systems/Network Support
> Rockbochs Inc.
> (218)727-4332 x105
>
> ----- "Eric Fort" <eric.fort at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone know where I could find a good beginning for using asterisk
> and the text based game "adventure" together such that I could play
> from the nearest phone?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Eric

---
John Todd                       email:jtodd at digium.com
Digium, Inc. | Asterisk Open Source Community Director
445 Jan Davis Drive NW -  Huntsville AL 35806  -   USA
direct: +1-256-428-6083         http://www.digium.com/