[asterisk-users] dahdi_tool reports that dahdi_dummy is UNCONFIGURED

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:55:36 CDT 2009

Usually I used real Digium cards in asterisk systems, so I'm running
into this for the first time.

dahdi_tool reports that dahdi_dummy is in state UNCONFIGURED.
This isn't super surprising, as it seems like the configuration files
for DAHDI are really intended only for configuring real physical
cards. But that begs the question:

Is there any legal DAHDI configuration for dahdi_dummy such that
dahdi_tool will stop complaining about an UNCONFIGURED dahdi_dummy? I
tried making up bs values for span, etc. and of course dahdi_cfg
didn't like those.

dahdi_scan reports
[1]
active=yes
alarms=UNCONFIGURED
description=DAHDI_DUMMY/1 (source: RTC) 1
name=DAHDI_DUMMY/1
manufacturer=
devicetype=DAHDI Dummy Timing
location=
basechan=1
totchans=0
irq=0

dahdi_genconf should in theory auto-generate a legal configuration,
which can then be loaded with dahdi_cfg
But no such thing happens, I still end up with dahdi_dummy reporting
as UNCONFIGURED.

In the event that it's relevant, MeetMe rooms are working, and mixing
audio. However I'm having SIP audio cut-outs and I thought those may
be related.

Is it a bug that I don't seem to be able to make a valid configuration
for a dahdi_dummy card, or is that expected behavior?