[asterisk-users] Duplicating existing PBX function

David Ruggles david at safedatausa.com
Fri Apr 24 09:33:14 CDT 2009

Right now, we have a pbx that auto-answers for extension-to-extension calls,
but after the phone has been auto answered, lets the caller press one to
cause the phone to start ringing. (for example, the person's not in their
office so you want it to ring through to voicemail)

I'm able to duplicate the auto answer using the SIP add header function
since I have Grandstream phones. I assuming what I need to do is setup a
feature that executes a macro when the user presses one. This macro would
hangup the callee and then redial the callee without sending the extra SIP
header so the phone rings instead of auto-answers.

Any suggestions on how to do this? If there's another way, I'm open to that
as well.

TIA!

Thanks,

David Ruggles