[asterisk-users] listen to prompt before bridging call.

Deepak dlalmtl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 08:59:08 CDT 2009

Hi,
Can someone please help to resolve the followinng issue:

We would like an asterisk user to call a number and when the called party
picks up the phone, we play a message (press 1 to accept call, 2 to reject
call). Only when the called party presses "1", do we bridge the call and the
two parties can communicate.

What we would like though is that the person who makes the call be able to
listen to the message "press 1 to accept call, 2 to reject call) that is
played to the called party BUT not be able to communicate with him untill he
presses "1".

Is this possible in asterisk using php/agi?

Any pointers hightly appreciated.