[asterisk-users] timing source problem

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 05:50:41 CDT 2009

Hello,

I would suggest that you first methodically try every possible
combination of zaptel.conf timing settings(each change follwed by a
hard reboot of the Asterisk server) to see if there is a magic
combination of settings that will work. I don't know if you have the
time for that, or if it takes a while for the timing issues to appear,
but that is what I would try.

If that still doesn't work, we have solved similar issues with older(2
years ago) Digium quad cards by switching to Sangoma hardware that
offers more options for forcing timing in it's wanpipe driver
software. Although when I posted about this before in another thread
the folks from Digium swear that newer Digium cards(with newer
firmware) do not have this problem using the newer Dahdi drivers.

What version of Zaptel are you using and how old is your Digium card?

MATT---