[asterisk-users] Dahi-tools Compilation on Ubuntu/Xen

Aryan Ameri info at ameri.me
Thu Apr 23 21:21:24 CDT 2009

On Fri Apr 24 2009 10:33:28 GMT+1000 (EST) Tzafrir Cohen
<tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
>> Everything seems to go well, the installation is successful, and I can start
>> the dahdi service after this and test it and it all seems fine.
>>
>> The issue then is that my whole system becomes unusable. It seems the libc6
>> files go missing. calls to most programs, such as apt-get result in the
>> following error:
>>
>> apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information
>> available (required by apt-get)
>> apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information
>> available (required by /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6.
>> so.4.6)
>
> /usr/local/lib/libstdc++ ???
>
> Did you put it there?

No. I didn't put anything there. The system is working fine before installing
dahdi-tools, and becomes unusable with these /usr/local/lib/libstdc++ after
that. This is on a fresh install of Ubuntu 8.04 with no other software
installed but the minimum base. Something is going wrong here.

> Please provide the output of the following:
>
> ls -l /lib/libstdc++* /usr/local/lib/libstd++*

ls: cannot access /lib/libstdc++*: No such file or directory
ls: cannot access /usr/local/lib/libstd++*: No such file or directory

> grep . /etc/ld.so.conf /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*

/etc/ld.so.conf:include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/i486-linux-gnu.conf:# Multiarch support
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/i486-linux-gnu.conf:/lib/i486-linux-gnu
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/i486-linux-gnu.conf:/usr/lib/i486-linux-gnu
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc6-xen.conf:hwcap 0 nosegneg
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf:# libc default configuration
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf:/usr/local/lib

I think I should also mention that after installing dahdi-tools and doing make
config, I got the following output:
-------------------------
DAHDI has been configured.

If you have any DAHDI hardware it is now recommended you
edit /etc/dahdi/modules in order to load support for only
the DAHDI hardware installed in this system.  By default
support for all DAHDI hardware is loaded at DAHDI start.

I think that the DAHDI hardware you have on your system is:

And that's it. It just returns to the bash shell after that.

Regards,
--
Aryan Ameri