[asterisk-users] Dahi-tools Compilation on Ubuntu/Xen

info at ameri.me info at ameri.me
Thu Apr 23 18:54:15 CDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile dahdi-tools on Ubuntu 8.04 on Xen (Amazon EC2 to be
exact). dahdi-linux compiled and installed successfully, after which I do the
following to install dahdi-tools:

wget
http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/dahdi-tools/dahdi-tools-current.tar.gz
tar xzvf dahdi-tools-current.tar.gz
cd dahdi-tools*
./configure
make
make install
make config

Everything seems to go well, the installation is successful, and I can start
the dahdi service after this and test it and it all seems fine.

The issue then is that my whole system becomes unusable. It seems the libc6
files go missing. calls to most programs, such as apt-get result in the
following error:

apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information
available (required by apt-get)
apt-get: /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.6: no version information
available (required by /usr/lib/libapt-pkg-libc6.7-6.
so.4.6)
apt-get: relocation error: apt-get: symbol
_ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i,
version GLIBCXX_3.4.9 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link
time reference

I have also tried configuring dahdi-tools with

./configure cc=gcc-4.0.2

GCC 4.0.2 is the version of gcc with which my kernel source is compiled, and
it is installed on the system.

But the results are the same. An unusable system.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious here, but I fail to see what.
Any hints/advice will be greatly welcome.

Cheers
--
Aryan Ameri