[asterisk-users] Dial-out via AMI

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Thu Apr 23 17:43:05 CDT 2009

On 24/04/2009 10:19 a.m., Steve Totaro wrote:
> A much more scalable way to do this is to create and then FTP or move
> .call files to the proper directory.  Depends how much you plan on
> banging on the AMI.

Maybe, but the Asterisk Manager is happy with 10 calls per second and if
your controlling process is spread across Asterisk machines you can do
hundreds of calls per second.  If you're doing what it seems he is, I'd
agree that call files may be easier, but I'm not sure it scales better.
  How many call files can you put in a directory, is he using a hard
drive or compact flash (max writes).

I've never actually done any proper tests of the comparison between a
call file and a manager originate.  I would have thought they were
pretty much the same, albeit that you're adding an extra layer of
complexity with the call files.

--
Kind Regards,

Matt Riddell