[asterisk-users] Cause 34 still there

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 09:20:52 CDT 2009

2009/4/23 Steve Davies <davies147 at gmail.com>:
> My comment, (forwarded from Bristuff list) - A few people are seeing a
> Cause 34 (congestion) from ISDN installs, where there clearly is an
> available channel. This was originally related to Bristuff as it
> happens to ISDN2 users, but there is at least one report of an
> unpatched 1.6.x user seeing the same issue.

[snip]

Something I just found, which others might want to consider trying if
they get cause 34 issues is uncommenting the following line in
libpri's Makefile:

#LAYER2ALWAYSUP=-DLAYER2ALWAYSUP

This (in theory anyway) simply causes libpri to attempt to
re-negotiate L2 if the far end closes it down with a 'DISC'.

Regards,
Steve