[asterisk-users] Asterisk process ended

Miguel Molina mmolina at millenium.com.co
Wed Apr 22 12:02:35 CDT 2009

Adrien Lemoine escribió:

> Hi All,
>

> So, there's no solution without core dump to debug the crash ?
>

> Should I start my Asterisk process with --g option and waiting for
> another crash to get the core dump ?

You're right, because as you saw nothing weird in your logs you would be
blind without the core dump file, which helps to know exactly why
asterisk died. You should start asterisk with the -g option or from a
startup script that does the same to get the core dump file when the
problem occurs. Then you post it for an experienced asterisk developer
to watch it for you.

BTW, 1.2.7 is a pretty old and *unsupported* version of asterisk. If you
still require 1.2, you should download and use the latest 1.2 release,
of even better, catch up at least with the latest 1.4 version that is
still supported (bug solving only). All that depending on your needs. If
your PBX is simple and not running critical business, you may go up to
the 1.6.0.X version. That would be a giant +3 years update of your
asterisk system.

Cheers,

> Regards,
>

> A.L