[asterisk-users] Peer 'iaxfax' is now UNREACHABLE! Time: 3

Marco Signorini marcotasto at libero.it
Wed Apr 22 11:41:47 CDT 2009

Lee Howard wrote:
> Marco wrote:
>
>> I've IAXModem and asterisk Asterisk 1.4.24 running on the same machine.
>> They are linked together through localhost. I've turned qualify on for the
>> iax peer. Periodically I've this message:
>>
>> [Apr 20 23:47:46] NOTICE[4641]: chan_iax2.c:9049 __iax2_poke_noanswer:
>> Peer 'iaxfax' is now UNREACHABLE! Time: 3
>> [Apr 20 23:47:56] NOTICE[4632]: chan_iax2.c:8128 socket_process: Peer
>> 'iaxfax' is now REACHABLE! Time: 3
>>
>> It happens a lot of times during the day, even when the box is not loaded
>> at all.
>>

> What does iaxmodem say?  (Look at the iaxmodem logs.)

I've some "Registration timed out" events but I think they are not
related to this problem (even because they are less than the
unreachable/reachable events).
The strange think is that, when "UNREACHABLE", the reported Time is 3 (I
think milliseconds) and it's the same that's reported when the peer
became reachable. Is this a little bit strange?

Thank you and best regards,
Marco Signorini.