[asterisk-users] Asterisk process ended

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Apr 22 11:39:49 CDT 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Adrien Lemoine wrote:

> So, there’s no solution without core dump to debug the crash ?

There is no solution without information.

Without a core dump or error logs, its time to break out the "Magic 8
Ball."

> Asterisk (v1.2.7.1) runs on RedHat AS 4 without –g option.

As another 1.2 Luddite, this is so old nobody cares.

I have a customer stuck (coincidentally) on 1.2.7.1 because of some custom
hacks to meetme. They have to restart every 3 or 4 months due to a memory
leak. This is with a call volume of about 15,000 calls a day.

If at all possible, you should update to something more current like
1.2.31.1 or whatever the "stable" release of 1.4 is.

If you update to 1.2.31.1, still nobody will care, but your bug may have
been fixed and there shouldn't be any major migration issues.

> Should I start my Asterisk process with –g option and waiting for
> another crash to get the core dump ?

Yes. Cranking up logging and logging to syslog would be a good idea as
well.

Thanks in advance,